a) The Tournament shall be open to female amateur golfers aged 50 or over on 24 July 2023.
b) The Tournament shall consist of 36 holes of Foursomes Stroke Play. One round of 18 holes shall be played each day.
c) In round two, a side must change the order in which they play from the teeing grounds, from the order they played in round one.
d) The winners shall be the competitors who return the lowest score over 36 holes.
e) Ties shall be decided in the 2nd round then the 1st round.
f) Should that fail to produce a result, ties shall be decided on the last 9, 6, 3 or 1 holes of the last completed round. If a tie still arises it shall be decided on the last 9, 6, 3 or 1 holes of the first nine holes of the last completed round. If a tie still arises, each of the preceding rounds played shall be treated in the same way (taking each round in the reverse order to that in they were played) until a decision is reached.
g) The handicap allowance will be half the aggregate of the partners (for the nett prize).
h) All players will walk the course; no buggies unless prior permission given by the Tournament Committee.
i) Any disputes shall be settled by the Tournament Committee whose decision will be final.
2. Entries :
a) There will be a maximum of 86 pairs taken on a first come first served basis.
b) If entries exceed 86 pairs, the next 20 pairs shall be placed on a reserve list.
c) No entry fees will be refunded in the event of a pairing scratching from the Championship after the closing date.
d) No entries will be accepted before Wednesday 1st February 2023
3. Entry Qualification :
Entrants must be :
a) 50 or over on the first day of the Tournament
b) In possession of a Handicap Index not exceeding 20.4 under the World Handicap System.
4. Winner and Prizes :
The winners of the 36 Hole Gross Competition will be the holders for one year of the Brenda King Salvers.
Prize vouchers shall be awarded to the top 4 pairs for the Best Gross Score and the top 4 pairs for the Best Nett Score. In addition, prize vouchers shall also be awarded to the Best Day 1 Score (gross and nett) and Best Day 2 Score (gross and nett). Only one prize per competitor.
All prizes are subject to the number of entries received.
5. Starting Times :
Starting times will be available on the Tournament website:
www.brendakingfoursomes.com after the closing date for entries.
1. Venue : The 2023 Brenda King Foursomes is being held at Royal St David’s Golf Club,
Harlech,Gwynedd, LL46 2UB.
2. Date : Monday, 24th July 2023 to Tuesday, 25th July 2023
3. Practice : Practice Day is Sunday, 23rd July 2023
4. Entries : Entries will open on Wednesday, 1st February 2023 and close at 12 noon, on Saturday, 1st July 2023.
5. Players : The maximum number of pairs will be 86 and entries will be accepted on a receipt of application basis.
6. Handicap : The maximum Handicap Index is 20.4 for each player.
7. Tee Times : The tee times will be posted on the Brenda King Foursomes website shortly after the tournament entries have closed.
The website address is : brendakingfoursomes.com
8. Dinner : A Competitor’s Dinner will be held in the evening on Monday, 24th July 2023.
Cost will be approximately £29.00 per person to include 2 course meal, tea/coffee and live entertainment.
Further details will be posted on the website in due course.
For more information please contact Andrea Stockdale on firstname.lastname@example.org.
9. Trophies : The presentation of the trophies will take place as soon as possible after the close of play on Tuesday 25th July 2023.
10. Hotels :
Premier Inn, Britannia Terrace, Porthmadog, LL49 9NB Tel. 0300 373 0054 Travelodge, Ffordd, Penanswer Rd, Porthmadog, LL49 9GB Tel. 0871 984 6421
Porthmadog is approximately 10 miles from Royal St David’s Golf Club
For other accommodation ideas please go to : www.visitharlech.wales/tostay